To ensure the safety of all guests attending Windy City Bulls games this season, NOW Arena staff and Windy City Bulls staff and players, please note the following protocols currently in place for seating locations within NOW Arena during Windy City Bulls games.
In addition to the guidelines listed below, all guests accessing the basketball court for any pre-game or in-game activity must provide proof of full vaccination prior to participating in on-court activities.
Per the current State of Illinois face mask mandate, all guests attending indoor events — including events at NOW Arena — are required to wear face masks that cover the mouth and nose at all times, except when actively eating or drinking. This face mask mandate applies to all seating locations, but there are additional safety measures for seats within 15 feet of the playing surface and team benches (all floor seats and the first two rows in sections 114-119).
However, seats beyond 15 feet of the playing surface or team benches don’t need to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test taken and time-stamped within 48 hours of a game date.
Floor Seat Locations:
In addition to wearing masks, all guests who have Windy City Bulls tickets with courtside seating locations or in the first two sections of 114-119 are required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or proof of a negative COVID-19 test that has been taken and time-stamped within 48 hours of a game date. Upon entry, guests with floor seats will receive a wristband that will allow for free movement to/from floor level during the event.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test to attend an event at NOW Arena?
- At this time, only guests with tickets for seats that are on the floor level nearest the basketball court are required to provide proof of vaccination or proof of a negative COVID-19 Test taken within 48 hours of a game date. Guests with floor level seats will be required to present proof of COVID-19 vaccination or proof of negative COVID-19 test upon entering the floor level.
- Does proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 test change the mask policy for me at NOW Arena?
- In accordance with the Village of Hoffman Estates, Cook County and State of Illinois mask mandate, all guests over the age of 2 are required to wear a mask that completely covers their nose and mouth while at NOW Arena. Guests may remove their masks when actively eating or drinking.
- How do I show proof of my vaccination status or negative COVID-19 test result?
- For guests sitting courtside, NOW Arena will accept printed or digital proof of vaccination or a time-stamped negative test upon entering the floor level. Printed examples include the original vaccination card/negative test or a copy of the vaccination card/negative test. Digital examples include a photo of the original vaccination card/negative test.
- Do I need proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test to access the basketball floor for an on-court performance, presentation or activity?
- ALL guests who are participating in any pre-game or in-game on-court activity must be vaccinated. Guests will be required to provide proof of full vaccination before entering the basketball court space. Negative COVID-19 tests will not be accepted for any individual entering the basketball court pre-game or in-game. Post-game activities don’t require proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative COVID-19 test.
- What fan experiences are impacted by these rules?
- All pre-game and in-game activities will require proof of COVID-19 vaccination. This includes fan experiences such as the High Five Tunnel, Anthem Buddies and Halftime Performances. Post-game activities such as Post-Game Free Throws and Player Autographs don’t require proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a time-stamped COVID-19 test.
- What does full vaccination mean?
- As advised by the CDC, full vaccination means at least 14 days after your second dose of the Pfizer-BioNtech or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine (or other COVID-19 vaccinations recognized by WHO) or at least 14 days after your single dose of the Johnson & Johnson’s COVID-19 vaccine.
- What COVID-19 vaccines will be accepted?
- NOW Arena will accept the Pfizer-BioNtech, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson vaccine or other COVID-19 vaccines approved by the World Health Organization (WHO).
- What types of tests do you accept?
- COVID-19 rapid PCR or antigen tests will be accepted.
- Will at-home COVID-19 tests be accepted?
- Negative tests must be ‘date and time stamped’ and since most at-home tests don’t have that ability, we recommend getting a test from a lab within 48 hours of tip-off on your game date.
- Will NOW Arena have testing available on site?
- No testing opportunities will be available for event attendees on site. Prior to arrival, guests should have their time-stamped negative COVID-19 results completed and in hand.